Author Topic: Additional state monitors  (Read 8368 times)

Offline boblev

Additional state monitors
« on: November 16, 2018, 03:53:57 AM »
I am working on modifying the Mackie MCU preset to support the Behringer X touch one. I'm using the monitor state options for Loop and Autopunch to turn on and off button lights on the X touch one. It would be really useful to have state monitors for some other settings: (a) record metronome, (b) playback metronome, (c) on stop, rewind to now marker, and (d) other choices on the options drop down menu that show their current status with checkmarks. I have been unable to find a way to use monitor state with these other choices. If there is a way to do that, I'd love to know. If not, it would be a great to add monitor state options for the current status of these kinds of drop down menu choices.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Additional state monitors
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
Sorry, but Cakewalk has never provided that (and a lot of other) information to surfaces.
I also was hitting limitations every time I tried to do anything advanced.   

Offline boblev

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:33:30 PM »
Got it, thanks.

One other question/wish. If I use the Mackie Control plug-in that comes with Sonar with the X-touch One control surface, there's a drop down option on the property page for "Meters". If you select "Signal LEDS + Meters" the "meter" on the X-touch one works fine (mirroring the meter on the selected track).  Using the AZController plug-in I haven't been able to get the meters to work. Is there a similar option somewhere for turning them on?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 10:32:57 PM »
Theoretically yes... I mean I do not remember I have checked it works for MCU.

I see strange thing in my MCU preset, may be a bug. In "LevelMon 1" (and other) try to change "Timer" to "Level monitor"/ultra

If still not luck, in "Hello" append "Prod. spec. send"  - "LC/.... Ch. Metering" with some option other the "Disabled". Simply start playing something with changing level, selecting different options and pressing "Play" (in AZ Controller) button. With some luck,  you will wind required mode.

Offline boblev

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 06:09:18 AM »
I tried both changes and the meters still don't work when playing back a track with recorded audio (and I confirmed that the meters in Sonar are working for that track).

Let me make sure I made the changes correctly:

In the logic tab in LevelMon1 I changed the last action from monitor/timer to monitor/monitor level/ultra   (I repeated this for LevelMon2-LevelMon8)

In the logic tab (I also tried this in the feedback tab) I added an action: prod. spec. send/LC/MC/C4 Ch. Metering/Ch.1/Level and signal (and I tried all the other options as well)

thanks for your help with this!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 09:04:32 AM »
You are right, I completely forgot what and why I have done in this preset  :)

In the options tab, select Software States "Meters", select "Both", check "Default state" and press "Save".
Save/re-load preset or on the Overview tab change Meters to both.

Probably there is some switch on the original MCU which I have implemented, but by default has decided to turn it off. That was long time ago...

Offline boblev

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 05:55:35 AM »
Thanks. That did the trick. The meter on the selected track now displays properly.

With this fixed, the X-touch One is now very usable with Sonar. Other changes I made within the AZ controller were:

1. Reassign the master button so that it is linked to the master bus (initially it was linked to the output bus)
2. Reassign the top row of transport buttons (marker, nudge, cycle. etc.) so that they match up better with Sonar functions (buttons assigned to toggle loop and toggle punch in/out use state monitors to illuminate the button lamps appropriately)
3. Reassign function buttons F1-F6 to more useful Sonar functions.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this project! It really is a dramatic improvement over the MCU controller that Sonar provides.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 07:49:32 AM »
If you want to help other potential X-touch One users, in the Tools / Cakewalk plug-in manager export resulting SPP for your preset.
You can attach spp files to posts in this forum.