Author Topic: Monitor Auto.Write [implemented]  (Read 10659 times)

Offline MarKo

• Power user
Monitor Auto.Write [implemented]
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »
Hi Alexey,
i want to show global state of Automation-Write.
it seems i can only monitor this only for each param separately, but not the global state.
would this be much work?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:43:05 PM by azslow3 »

Offline MarKo

• Power user
Re: Monitor Auto.Write
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 03:34:55 PM »
While at automation - there is another thing i cannot find:
A function/command for Automation-Write toggle for a whole strip.
As with the monitor, i see this function only for each separate param.
Would this be possible too?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 11:43:45 PM »
To work with strip automation, use parameter "All". It works for all Automation functions and for automation monitor. Please note that you need to use "Value:0"/"Value:127" in the monitor and "Text parameter value" return empty string in both states,

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 10:38:36 PM »
Ok, thank you.
i see (not for the first) time that i´m searching for a command/function, which i´m sure must be somewhere and could not find it.
That leads to another wish:
Can you somehow export a complete list of actions/commands/functions as list, so we can search for?
it´s really not the first time that a spent some time searching around, and if you don´t know which category (and some have sub-categories too) then it´s not easy.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 12:38:41 AM »
http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Searching for "Automation":
Automations. Read/Arm automations and Snapshot function. The parameter should be preselected with Strip(FX,Send), ACT or Rack Actions. To turn the automation on all parameters for the strip, set "Select" to "All"  in the previous Strip Action. Synth parameters are not affected by "all parameters" functions.
Sometime simplest way to go is the right one  ;)

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 10:24:31 AM »
Sometime simplest way to go is the right one  ;)
if it merely would always be  ;)

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 09:32:28 AM »
i have to come back to this question.
maybe i simply forgot something, i´m not even sure if i ever had that working...

i understand select "All" and Function "All", but i can not find the way to show the global state of Automation-Write (i thought i had that working already).
Select "All" and "Monitor:Param Auto Write" works for one track, because in strip i have to choose either "current" or something else...
And i see no way of selecting All from All tracks???

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 08:57:18 PM »
I can not remember "Rude automation write"... I think that is not implemented

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »
Implemented in the latest test version.

It is working as "Write automation monitor" of "Rude Record Arm". I have not found better place for it... There is no "Automation Arm" as a parameter and it is somehow recording related.

Note that as with other automation monitoring you can not use "Text Parameter Name" (for the same reason, it is not a parameter).

Another note: while Read automation Arm should theoretically work, it does not. The problem is that Sonar is normally using "bypass automation read", which is different from "disable automation read" (visually and in behavior). I know how to get "disable", but I do not know how to get "bypass". And so, the monitor will always return "On" till you "Off" on track explicitly, even when it is bypassed. And that is not what you probably want to see.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 10:58:13 AM »
Implemented in the latest test version.
It is working as "Write automation monitor" of "Rude Record Arm". I have not found better place for it...
i tried the test version, but i´m getting no/strange results. but i´m not sure if i understood correctly.
i get ~some~ feedback with this:
- master rude rec.
- monitor param auto write
but the value mostly does not change. i tried some other combinations too, but with no luck.
Sometimes, when i additionally arm a track, then it shows "ON", but then it also stays ON if i turn off all arm/automation?
Am i doing wrong or is there something strange?

Another note: while Read automation Arm should theoretically work, it does not.
i don´t think that automation read is so important, for me the write-state is important (to not forget).

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »
I have found at least one possible bug in the code. It was affecting Synth automation writes detection (and "armed"->"not armed" transition). I have also modified failure processing in case Sonar does not return the parameter for some strip (for whatever reason).
Can you check again?

The sequence you are using is right.

Offline MarKo

• Power user
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »
With b262 this seems to work now, thank you!