Author Topic: Select named tracks  (Read 6905 times)

Offline Peltz

Select named tracks
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
Hello

I'm just starting to learn the coding in Az controller, and unfortunately I'm a bit stuck. I've read all the instructions, but there's quite a lot of the variables and the syntax I have some trouble grasping... but I'm working on it.

Right now I try to expand the tablet preset for the Az controller with a launchpad-like page.. I do allot of MIDI controlling and my main template is organized with all the audio tracks on top, and all the midi tracks on the bottom in the track view. Moving back and forth between tracks is a bit of a tenure.

What I want to is having different buttons on a pad that allow me to select certain named tracks in the project. So a button for e.g. "PAD 1 MIDI"; "Pad 2 MIDI" (these are MIDI-tracks); "Pad 1; Pad 2" (these are audio tracks). There will also be single audio tracks I'd like to navigate to (like "Vox 1"; "Guitar 1"...) In addition I'd like a button to open/close the piano roll of the selected MIDI track and a button to open the synth.

If someone could give me some input on where to start or suggestions on more eloquent solutions here I'd be grateful. I'd really like to get a grip on this! As far as I can see, I'll manage everything on the TouchOSC-side.

Thanks.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Select named tracks
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »
I attach an example preset, with (a kind of) controls you are asking.

Do not forget to save your current preset before switching!

Also install the latest test version of AZ Controller (presets are not backward compatible and I always use the latest AZC version).

Let me know in case you need more comments. Just some notes:
* closing PRV does not exist, so only "Close current tab".
* opening synth not always work and does not work when current track is synth (audio) track, only for MIDI or Instrument (combined).

I have tried to implement some not foreseen in Sonar functions, but that has limits (hitting bugs or not existing functions). In fact the process of developing AZ Controller was many times frustrating. I hope Bandlab improve that.

Offline Peltz

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »
Thanks for the template, its really helpfull. I don't really get all the 'monitor' commands, but as long as it works, it's not a big deal.

I'll manage to move around the project, using the first track as a reference. However. In my projects I tend do add tracks, witch would offset the target track of interest. What I need, or what I had hoped could be done, was the controller to search for, say 'Pad 1' or 'PAD 1 MIDI'. By doing this I would manage to select the main tracks since the tracks I add on are usually small effects, licks and such for fills. Here I'm in the blue. Any inputs? Thanks.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 09:52:59 PM »
May be I do not understand something, of for some reason that does not work for you (I have re-checked now with controller), but in the Example preset, the first control always select the track with name "Pad 1". You can define more names in the "Options" tab, corresponding State Set, and they use them the same way.

Offline Peltz

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 07:29:25 PM »
May be I do not understand something?
As far as I see from your reply, I can more or less guarantee that it's me who doesn't understand.

in the Example preset, the first control always select the track with name "Pad 1"
I made a project with ten or so tracks and one named "Pad 1". The first logical control ((UNRT 7f 6 2 0 1)INit:) doesn't select anything in my project. The corresponding logic is:
- State Monitor
- Ch:2 N:0 Value(14bit:3200
- Initialize -> Done
- Reset all monitors

The transport controls, however, work perfectly.

You can define more names in the "Options" tab, corresponding State Set
I assume you mean 'Software states'? As far as I can see, none of the menus show anything relating to 'Pad 1'.

Ive fiddled with the Controller. What I have done/made is:

In options:
- Hardware control "Pad 1"
- Software States: Track, Pad 1, Pad 1

In Hardware:
Attached Pad1 (now have Logical control ((None)) Pard 1:

In logic:
Action list
'Strip: Track' - Track -> Pad 1
'Strip: Track' WAI

... and im stuck.

I've tried several of your presets earlier, and they have all worked fine. Eg, im sitting here with iPAD with TouchOSC, and it works like a charm.

Again, thanks for your time and patience with my stupidity
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:22:24 PM by Peltz »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
In this preset there is no "Init". If you see it, that means the preset could not be loaded - you are not using the latest AZ Controller... you need 0.5r7

Presets are not forward compatible, older AZ Controller silently do not load presets created by newer AZC... And I create presets in the latest available version.
For "official" presets I always mention the version required, but I forgot to mention that for the test. Sorry.

Offline Peltz

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »
There we go!

Brilliant, works like a charm. Thanks a bunch!

Just for eloquence, it would be great if I could toggle the open and close the synth logic.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:34:57 PM by Peltz »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »
Just for eloquence, it would be great if I could toggle the open and close the synth logic.
You can ask BandLab for that... Sonar side has many limits.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 05:12:37 PM »

I use this actions list to swap between plug-in interfaces:

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 08:56:28 PM »
Please note that this method use not deterministic method (including one bug... I am optimistic person and try to get the best even from bugs) to find the synth to open. Please do not be surprise if it fails in some situations.
On a good side, if in particular project it works for particular synth, it will continue to work there. I mean the success of failure depends from the routing in the project, not from luck or current position of stars on the sky  ;)