Author Topic: Missing 1 and 13th LED on X-Touch knob rings?  (Read 1871 times)

Offline cupax

Missing 1 and 13th LED on X-Touch knob rings?
« on: December 14, 2020, 10:24:44 AM »
Hello.

I have a X-Touch One and Mini.
Does anyone know why on knob rings the 1st and the 13th LED are missing? They appear only if the knob value is set to "value+center" and the knob is in center position.
I would like them to be used always. Do they have a special CC or other code to turn them ON?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Missing 1 and 13th LED on X-Touch knob rings?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 11:59:28 AM »
In Mackie mode value is constructed special way,  so values are not 0-127. Mackie has 11 LEDs on the ring + 1 LED for center, what to light is controlled exactly. So if some device with more LEDs is imitating Mackie, it still effectively can use 11 LEDs only for the ring value. And other f.e. for center...

I have not tried to use my mini in the "standard" (MIDI) mode (since that switch "layers", in practice just decreasing the number of assignable controls). But in "standard" mode you can light 1-13 LEDs (see Behringer docs).

Offline cupax

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 12:46:04 PM »
Aha.

But how did you manage to turn them ON in AZSLow when you set the knob to center?
Is there anyhow I could turn them ON for a specific event while keeping the normal function of the knobs?
I would like them to show the presence of a Send on a current strip.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:43:32 PM »
I can't deploy my mini now (no space till I finish renovation), so just from theory...

Try different mode/values with "Prod. spec. send" LC/MC/C4 VPot action, where there is "+ Center" in the value.
Alternatively you can try to construct MIDI messages directly, using "Logic Control" docs (easy to find in the Internet).

In both cases, for use it such "unusual" way, you will need to map ring value to 12 States Set and then conditionally send MIDI for each value + center/not center. So, instead of just one Action, you will need 24+1 (in addition to the logic which monitor the send presence).