Author Topic: Behringer X-touch One  (Read 7371 times)

Offline Welcome2Hell

Behringer X-touch One
« on: June 11, 2020, 11:55:46 PM »
Hello, azslow3!
Recently I purchased a daw control device - behringer x-touch one.
I use it in Cakewalk via standard Mackie Control plugin. This plugin allows to control selected channel by clicking mouse to track in Cakewalk. The problem is in MCU bank. When I select channel 6 in Cakewalk and MCU bank is 1 - all is good, X-touch one fader jumps to selected channel volume. But when I select channel 12, x-touch one fader jumps to low and needs me to select MCU bank 2.
Trying to solve the problem, I download your plugin, but the problem has not fixed.
So, i want you to add small function in your plugin. When user selects channel in Cakewalk by clicking mouse to track, MCU bank automatically changes to selected track (e.g. if I select 24 track, fader bank automatically changes to 3).
If it helps you, Cakewalk has function "Move Mackie Control-1 here", when I doing right mouse click in track MCU area.

Please, help to all users with one-fader controllers)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Behringer X-touch One
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:07:56 PM »
Hello,

Not sure which plug-in you mean. Proper place for such request is Mackie plug-in, my mod is outdated. Try to ask msmcleod on Cakewalk forum.

I have tried to do this in Mackie preset of AZ Controller and proposed approach works. Mackie preset in AZ Controller is not well debugged and so
not really recommended. But if you want to try (assuming you can understand how to modify presets there...):
* add new control (let say "WAITrack") and add [ Strip "CtrlGroup" <Current> Volume ] + [Monitor, Monitor Parameter name, Ultra, 3] actions
* in the feedback section (WAITrack: : Parameter Name Monitor) add [ WAI Align 8] Action

I think X-Touch One could benefit from dedicated AZ Controller preset (for device in MIDI mode). But creating it is significantly long work and requires the device.

Offline Welcome2Hell

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 04:45:22 PM »
Thanks for answer!
I finally found the time and tried to configure AZ Controller plugin according to your instructions.
It works, but one problem is remaining: when I select 8th track in current mackie control group (bank), X-touch One needs to change the bank, other 7 track works good, next selected track changes bank properly.
Did I perform the steps to configure the plugin correct?

Options -> Hardware Controls -> WAITrack -> System -> Save
Options -> Software States -> Monitor -> Monitor Parameter Name -> Save

Logic -> Device -> Any -> Monitor -> Monitor Parameter Name -> Ultra -> 3
Logic -> Device -> Any -> Strip -> CtrlGroup -> <Current> -> Volume -> + Monitor -> +0

Feedback -> Device -> Any -> WAI -> Track Old -> Bus Old -> Master Old -> Set WAI Align 8

Please, help me to made it work properly)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 10:51:24 AM »
Please save your current preset and use Cakewalk Plug-in Manager (in utilities menu on Cakewalk) to export it as SPP file. You can attach SPP to posts on this forum.
That is quickest way (for me) to check problems with presets and fix/extend them.

From your description, some alignment number is incorrect (so just preset needs the fix) or not working as it should (AZ Controller bug). 

Offline Welcome2Hell

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 10:44:03 PM »
Please, check this preset.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »
I have checked what I could (without any devices) and I have not understood the problem.
So, you have track 7 selected. Then you select track 8 in Cakewalk (by mouse). Do you mean X-Touch One does not notice that and still work with 7?

Offline Welcome2Hell

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 03:43:16 PM »
If I select tracks 1 to 7 by mouse, X-touch one jumps to controll selected channel. But if I select track 8, X-touch one fader jumps to low and there is the message on display "Select Bank" like if I use device without your fix and select track not in control group. Then I select track 9 and X-touch One normally jumps to this channel control.
It works on every 8 channel group.   

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 04:38:10 PM »
That is strange. For MCU, if any channel in current bank is selected, corresponding LED lit. I have thought Behringer is using this to detect which channel to control, so when some channel is "selected" it is switching to it. If there is no light from select LEDs, it display "Select Bank".
I have checked that Channels 8 and 7 have the same logic. I have also checked that corresponding feedback is triggered. I have not checked with MCU emulator yet, may be at weekend... 

Offline Welcome2Hell

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 04:51:59 PM »
Сould this be due to the definition of tracks in MCU bank goes from 0 to 7, not from 1 to 8? (I just assume, not know exactly)
However, thanks for help. I hope you will find the decision)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 05:31:15 PM »
It us calculated as "something + shift". Let say you start at Track 5. "5+0 = 5", the first track in the bank. "5+7 = 13", the 8th track in bank.

Not sure when it was changed, check that in "WAI Track" the first action is set to
"Strip" "CtrlGroup" "<current>" "<add Set based shift>" "+0".
For some reason, I could see "Monitor" in the third parameters. That is not good. I do not think that is relevant for the problem (default "Monitor" value is 0), but if you switch modes that can be.

Finally, till there is better solution, switch in "WAITrack :: Parameter monitor" Feedback "Align 8 " to "Align 7". "Channel 8" will switch bank then, so it will be strip 1. That can break track selection from the device, btw in case you select track 8 from the device, is that also introduce original bug?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 10:23:01 AM »
I have checked with MCU emulator and I could not observe any difference between channels 7 and 8... Tried to select from Cakewalk/Device, change banks, etc. "Select" LEDs function as expected.
So I have no idea what X-Touch one expects.

BTW. Have you checked "X-Touch One" preset in Presets section? Who knows, may be it does everything you need (or you can modify it for your needs).

Offline Welcome2Hell

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2020, 09:18:39 PM »
Hello!
I couldn't get to Cakewalk for a long time, but recently opened Cakewalk and noticed that all works fine! It's kind of magic)
But there was another problem: device can not go into online mode and I have to manually open AZController and switch to "Online". Now I trying to fix it)

As for preset for X-Touch one in Presets section: I tried it and it works like a standard Cakewalk Mackie Control.ini - device needs to change bank.

Thanks for your help, AZSlow! Your decision solved my problem!