Author Topic: Using AZ Controller for Cakewalk control of external audio mixer  (Read 21571 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Using AZ Controller for Cakewalk control of external audio mixer
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2021, 09:36:22 PM »
I don't know about "Record" State Set. You need to monitor "Transport" state and construct sent values yourself. State monitors don't provide distinct Values.

Offline norfolkmastering

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2021, 11:44:11 AM »
Hello Alexey

Thanks for your guidance.  I got confused!

Yes I can monitor Transport state and it conveniently outputs three values as follows:

STOP 0
PLAY 40
REC PLAY 7F

This is fine for my needs.

Best regards
Robert

Offline norfolkmastering

« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2021, 04:01:55 PM »
Hello Alexey

I am working on controlling the flow of MIDI messages between Cakewalk/AZ Controller and my PIC microcontrollers when both systems are launched.

Can I please ask two questions:

1. When a Cakewalk project is opened, is there any way for AZ Controller to 'handshake' with an external MIDI controller?
So I mean either:

a. AZ Controller responds to a SYSEX type message and sends out some kind of acknowledgement
b. AZ Controller sends out a SYSEX type message when a Cakewalk project is loaded.

2. Currently, when I start Cakewalk, I am getting a small stream of MIDI messages, even when I have no controller loaded in Cakewalk/preferences/controllers (and before a project is loaded).
Are you aware of any default messages which Cakewalk sends out?
I have attached an image of the messages which are being outputted from Cakewalk.  They seem to be consistent in content each time the Cakewalk application is started.

Best regards

Robert

Offline Bassman

« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2021, 08:27:51 PM »
Hi :)

I think Cakewalk do "Reset all Controllers" on startup. If it is activated in the preferences it does reset on Stopp  normally.

Bassman.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2021, 11:11:09 AM »
1. AZ Controller can do event/time based activity in "Monitor"s. There is "Context" state set, which has "NoProject" state. You can organize state monitoring for it and update some defined by you state set, f.e. "Project" with states "Not Loaded"/"Loaded". Then using conditions update that set so it match the reality. Finally, you can monitor "Project" set and send something.

For initial handshake,  you can use timer based monitor conditioned with "Initialized" ("Yes"/"No") set, so it send something let say once per second till it gets expected response. For an example check build-in "Mack. Control" preset.

2. As Bassman has mentioned, Cakewalk sends some resets to all MIDI ports. You can set "Block all channel messages" + "Block all SysEx" in AZ Controller Options to prevent that for particular port (if you don't want disable these messages globally, f.e. you use some hardware MIDI synth). But something still can leak in case AZ Controller / Preset are not leaded yet at the time Cakewalk sends these messages (should not happened in practice...).