Author Topic: Fader moves to middle position on stop?  (Read 2154 times)

Offline cupax

Fader moves to middle position on stop?
« on: April 14, 2021, 10:47:13 PM »
Hello.

I have a X Touch One and a weird problem:
On playback I can alter the volume normally. Each time I press STOP, the motorized fader would jump to its middle position leaving the Cakewalk volume unaltered where it was. As soon as I touch the fader, the Cakewalk volume would jump to 50%.
If I change the channel, the fader would read the Cakewalk volume and jump to that (as supposed).

What is forcing that fader jump to 50% on stop?

Offline cupax

Re: Fader moves to middle position on stop?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »
Found the solution. It is Cakewalk related, not AZSLow:
Preferences->Project->MIDI->Other Options->Zero Controllers When Play Stops
 ;)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 11:48:13 AM »
It is better to use "Block all channel messages" + "Block Sysex" in AZ Controller Options Tab.

"Zero Controllers" is a good option for all hardware MIDI synths and any related hardware/software. But control surfaces (like X Touch One) just use related messages for communication, they don't use them as real "MIDI controllers". That can be specified per controller using mentioned "Block..." options in AZ Controller. In that case you will have no possible "side effects" of not resetting controllers, that can be important in case you use any MIDI controlled plug-ins (soft/hard synthes, guitar effects, etc.).

Offline Bassman

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 10:53:07 PM »
Hi ;)
You can make an instrument file with the following text: NoControllerReset=1, for example my LaunchControlXL.ins

.Patch Names
.Note Names
.Controller Names
.Instrument Definitions

[LaunchControlXL]
NoControllerReset=1
Control=LaunchControlXL
Patch
  • =1..8

Key[*,*]=LaunchControlXL

and import it in CbB and assign your Controller Midi In/Out to it. Then it doesn't reset your controller!

Greetz ;)
Bassman