Author Topic: Basic set-up issue with controller assignments  (Read 2152 times)

Offline regworth

Basic set-up issue with controller assignments
« on: March 31, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
I am tearing my hair out a little here trying to get the basic set-up going after just downloading this.  I go through the set-up very carefully for the 'start-up preset' and try to assign the 8 faders and 8 rotary knobs - all appears fine through the faders - I check them and all working.  Then I go through the knob assignments and when I check them (a few attempts now) the fader 3 and knob 7 have somehow merged or swapped so that my fader3 is being controlled by the knob7.

At first I thought I'd messed up the selection of one of them so I deleted all and started again - but I have done this three times now and always the same result.  I am on the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab and on the M-Audio Oxygen49 MkIV controller keyboard.  Windows 10 OS on Asus laptop computer with plenty of RAM etc.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  Is there a way to work around it somehow if I can't get a clean set-up from the start?  Appreciate any help that can be offered ....

Offline Bassman

Re: Basic set-up issue with controller assignments
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 08:15:41 PM »
Hi :)

They perhaps have the same controller number.

Install midiOx and look with it at all faders and knobs which midi signal is coming out of your controller.

Bassman.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 11:01:11 PM »
Watch "Last MIDI event" in AZ Controller, if it show the same message for both controls, it is the reason for the problem.

midiOx can be more informative for diagnostic in case the controller is configured to send "complicated" messages ((N)RPNs, 14bit CCs, INC/DEC, etc.). AZ Controller can work with such, but I recommend configure Oxygen to send distinct simple CCs from all controls. Check user manual for Oxygen.

Offline regworth

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 04:18:27 PM »
Thank you both for the replies and suggestions.  I have not had time yet to get back onto this and try some things but I did download the MIDI-Ox and will install for next session.  Hopefully it's something simple and can be worked out as I am looking forward to getting the functionality of the M-Audio control surface going with Cakewalk and some productive music making as a result.  Cheers.