Author Topic: [azslow3, almeister_65] Behringer X-Touch Mini  (Read 54450 times)

Offline Rollings

Re: [azslow3, almeister_65] Behringer X-Touch Mini
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »
Thank you very much for this.  I have no words to thank you!

In general the preset works well and mostly does what I need. There are few little things like when you press the rotary to tweak in high resolution it doesn't come back to normal resolution when you release or press again. So it stays in high resolution. Or the show hide inspector does  show it but doesnt hide when pressed again. It changes the view of prochannel or track in the inspector or a few other little things. But these are acceptable as you really have done a very good thing in all of this. I feel so grateful. If you do want to make further improvements in the future I could let you know what needs tweaking but even this is a big improvement to my gear! :) Yes you should make a donation button!! Will be glad to support this!

In the past have designed some ideas of a good hardware controller suitable for the home studio. A design that would really meet the needs of the home producer/musician. I am planning on getting it built sometime in the future but it really would need a good midi implementation to communicate with DAWs.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:50 AM »
I have modified the attachment with fixes.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 10:44:09 AM »
What I have thought is a bug in AZ Controller, happens to be one bad line in the preset. Small thing, big impact  ;)
Please download v2 of the preset.

Offline Rollings

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2018, 04:34:22 PM »
Hello again

Thank you so much for your effort on fixing this preset! :) What a great job! The Fix with the rotary pressed to tweak in high resolution is great! Also the fix with the show hide inspector is perfect.! Thanks a lot!

So after using this preset a bit I finally came to one little last change if possible. Can we do the same with layer 3 Channel Strip? I mean since we cannot have the options assigned as was in the first design can we make a little change to the layer 3? it is the one with Button A light off and Button B on. It is just little change compared to what has been done.

We can put the show hide inspector here also, the show hide browser also and then have the transport buttons too. I am attaching an image  with what I mean. The image will show only what to be changed. The rest of the layer to remain as is.

In combination with my touch screen this works great! :) So nice to work with this. The better thing is that when I touch select a track on the touch screen in the console view the preset on x touch mini focuses on that  so no need for any bank change buttons on the device. You are fantastic!!!

So the little changes I have come up with are in the image attached. Maybe you or someone can come up with more variations of this preset to go better with each ones workflow.

Something else maybe someone can help with is  I am trying to use 2 Xtouch mini units but sonar confuses them. In the past I have cascaded multiple BCR2000 and BCR2000. With x touch mini, I open the editor and name each device as 1 and 2 but still Sonar confuses them and it doesn't work.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
I have updated the layout (v3)

Offline Rollings

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »
Wow!!

Thank you so much for all this help and quick responses!!! Great! This preset will work well for me. I will really support on this and looking forward to more of your work and the donation button.

Wow!!! No words to say thank you!

Offline Rollings

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 12:26:42 AM »
Hello!

I hope all is well!!

The preset works very well! :) I'd like to ask if there is a way to use two separate instances of AZController in Sonar. I have two Xtouch Mini devices and when I add two instances of AzController (one for each device) from the control surfaces plugins they work as  if it is just one. Both controllers use one controller plugin. They both controll the same 8 tracks. However you can have separate layers on each device. Also even though faders work and all the rest, the mute and solo buttons seems like they go on and off with one pressing.

Thanks and all the best!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:31:08 AM by Rollings »

Offline Rollings

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2018, 12:34:32 AM »
Update...

In general the mute solo buttons act weird. They don;t work on the selected track but they do on the other tracks.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:34 AM »
You mean problems are with 2 devices?
From what I know, Sonar/CbB in general does not like more then one device of the same kind. I guess both instances of AZ Controller get the same MIDI input, so they both react on one button press. The result is unpredictable (one see muted track, unmute it... at the same time another see still muted track and also unmute or already see unmuted track and mute it again).

Offline tbm72

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2019, 01:32:11 AM »
Hi,

Just got a Behringer X-Touch Mini today for use in Cakewalk by Bandlab and using your great AZSlow plugin (thank you!)

I'm starting to get my head around it all but there seems to be a problem - if I use the X-Touch mini in Mackie Control mode, the hardware fader doesn't work - it won't do a thing and can't be configured to do anything (nothing shows up in 'Last MIDI event' area of the AZSlow window when fader is moved). If I run it in standard mode it works better and the fader is at least recognised in the 'Last MIDI event' section.

I know this is an old post and I don't even know if you develop or support this anymore but I'm wondering is this a bug that's appeared recently or am I doing something wrong?

I'd be happy to send you a donation if this is something that can be fixed or you have any suggestions.

Thank you!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2019, 08:13:24 AM »
Hi,

I have X-Touch Mini myself. The fader should work in MC mode (PB:9). Since it works in MIDI mode (and so not broken in hardware),
open (Cakewalk)/Edit/Preferences, section MIDI/Playback and recording.
"Pitch Wheel", "Notes", "Controller" and "System Exlcusive" should be set. The fader sends "Pitch Wheel" events.

Offline tbm72

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2019, 10:53:56 AM »
Ah, you're a genius Alexey! I'd forgotten that a while ago I unchecked 'Pitch wheel' in 'MIDI/Playback and recording' because my old keyboard's pitch wheel was faulty. I've just checked it again and now the X-Touch fader is working :)

Now I can get down to playing around with this bad boy! Thanks for your help Alexey and the work you've put in to making this cool little plugin - do you have a PayPal donation link anywhere?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2019, 01:08:35 PM »
I have sent to a PM.

For the preset, if you do not have time to read the whole preset documentation, at least check Layer buttons, so how to changes modes and call build-in Display.
Current assignment will will on display then, a bit easier to start with.

I must admit that since I have bought Mini a year after I have created the preset, I was a bit confused when I have started to use the device. I knew what should be there,
but I could not remember how all that works  ;)

Offline Spieler

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »
Hello,
i recently bought the x-touch mini and use this great AZSlow plugin for CbB. It runs very stable. Now I have included some plugins via ACT to control them. This works quite well too. But how do I get the LED-rings to work not only as a line. This is only for the eye, but I would be happy if I could manage that. Can someone please explain to me, for example on Boost 11, how I have to integrate this so that the LED-Rings are controlled while turning?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2020, 06:40:19 PM »
Do you mean LED ring is not showing current position or do you want different "modes" to show them? In the first case, it should work but there can be some bugs. In the second case, that is not supported (I do not have extra parameter per plugin-parameter to save which parameter should have which mode).