Author Topic: [azslow3, almeister_65] Behringer X-Touch Mini  (Read 54453 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: [azslow3, almeister_65] Behringer X-Touch Mini
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
Hello,
If it is in picture format, you can attach it here. Otherwise please upload it somewhere and let me know the link.

Offline tobiaslindahl

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »
Hi

I have noticed something that I am not sure is a bug with the preset or rather Cakewalk itself, maybe neither, maybe I am just an idiot :)
Anyway ... what I have noticed is that whenever I use the v zoom OR h zoom encoder, I get a vertical line in a track, looks like the last track available if I have many, and after this copy/paste does not work. If I trigger this I can never get the copy/paste dialog for example and pasting does nothing.  I tried using the zoom with the "slider"/+- feature within the daw and that does not seem to trigger this behaviour. 

Did a search on people talking about similair things ( not using your preset afaik but still )  and posted it below. Dont know if that is any help.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/White-Vertical-Line-on-a-Track-m3601454.aspx

Other than this it just rocks! I should have got this years ago really :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:13:25 PM by tobiaslindahl »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 02:29:32 PM »
Thanks for spotting!
A kind of my + Sonar behavior (the link is in fact related). Should be fixed in 0.9. I have updated the first post in this thread (note required AZ Controller version, download the test version from Downloads if not done yet, program was not modified but I always have the latest installed on my PC and it can generate presets incompatible with released version).

Offline tobiaslindahl

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 09:22:34 PM »
Hi AZ !

Thank you for your megafast response :)  Whatever you did in that 0.9 version seem to have fixed it!  Awesome!
Grateful for you help! I am loving this thing and will keep playing with it and I tend to be able to find weird stuff if it exist, so
if there is anything else I will let you know! :)  As a bachelor of computer science guy myself who do no coding anymore :( , it is great to see someone actually doing cool stuff !  Much appreciated.

Btw, reading all the threads for suggestions in the forum lot of people seem to want better integration of midi controllers. Have you been involved in any of that with Cakewalk, or reached out to them with your controller as something to maybe integrate more with teh software going forward?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 10:34:52 PM »
Btw, reading all the threads for suggestions in the forum lot of people seem to want better integration of midi controllers. Have you been involved in any of that with Cakewalk, or reached out to them with your controller as something to maybe integrate more with teh software going forward?
You know what has happened with Cakewalk... and you know that has not happened in one day. They had some plans and they are aware I exist.

I plan AZ Controller 2. More user friendly and simpler to configure. But current primary target for it is Reaper.
With new movement it can happened I consider "dual DAW" plug-in. But only in case new Cakewalk ask for that (I mean will be ready to make modifications on CbB side).

Offline tobiaslindahl

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 11:36:39 PM »
Well then I do hope they contact you going forward. Seems a waste not too since you already have this thing figured out :)

As a sidenote, do you take on simple project for pay?   I have something I want done regarding midi to color conversions and figured you seem to know your way around midi programming already. Are you up for that? If so I can send you a description and you could let me know an estimate.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 08:41:46 AM »
As a sidenote, do you take on simple project for pay?   I have something I want done regarding midi to color conversions and figured you seem to know your way around midi programming already. Are you up for that? If so I can send you a description and you could let me know an estimate.
PM me details.

Offline Rollings

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 12:22:39 AM »
Hello again,

I while ago I wrote about a suggestion of settings for the Xtouch Mini. If I had these settings on the controller it would be exactly what I need for my work combined with my touch screen etc. So now we are all happy that Gibson handed Cakewalk over to Bandlabs having this preset also would be fantastic.

I mentioned
1. a preset that would have mute solo on the two rows and volume for the rotaries eg. Layer A Light On
2  a separate one like Layer A Light Off  to be the same the rotaries would be Pan instead of Volume and keep mute solo in the two rows.

So I also thought we could put another two as below.

3. Then We could have a 3rd one for Channel Strip Like Layer B Light On with a few more options in the rotaries to control more sends.
4. and then if possible to have a 4th one like Layer B light off to be other commands like undo/redo, loop on/off, ripple edit toggle and things like that.

If this is possible or part of it is possible can the Xtouch Mini preset be changed to this?

I am attaching two images with more details on the commands. One image for Layer A Light On and Layer A light Off and a second image for Layer B Light on and Light Off

Open to chat! :)

Best

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 10:01:51 AM »
Feedback from commands in not supported in Sonar (it is not Reaper...).

There is only one logical problem:
We have 4 different "states" with A+B : (off,off), (off, on), (on,off) and (on,on). So second layouts on both your pictures have the same A/B state.  :)
We can use ON/ON for the forth.

Other then that, that can be implemented. Note that I do no see Pan as a separate page really useful (how often you really tweak it?) and the luck of "Shift" for fine encoders resolution as well as inability to control plug-ins as severe hall in functionality compare to the original preset. But I can create the layout exactly as you want... 

Offline Rollings

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 10:40:18 PM »
Hello and thanks for your quick reply!

For fine tweaking encoders resolution is it possible to have it like when the encoder is pushed down and turned the tweaking will be in fine resolution instead of having a shift button? (instead of the default when pressing the encoder the control goes to 0 example. pan center when pressed that is the default - can we replace that with fine resolution?) I have the Faderfox ld2 and it does that. I have sent the BCR2000 ACT preset to the Faderfox LD2 it and works very well for Plugins. So if it is possible to not have the shift button for fine tweaking resolution? If this is not possible can we have only fine resolution on the encoders? ( also use the toch screen to move faders sometimes so if it is not possible to have a press and turn for fine resolution on the encoders then having them only on fine resolution still will work)

I like to have both mute and solo rows in one preset so I can visually see what is going on on the controller. many times I need to solo for example only the guitars and pan them. But in the preset we already have the controller has mute when in pan mode and solo when in volume mode for the encoders. So it is great to have both rows one on solo and one on mute all the time and change between volume and pan on the encoders. :)

About tweaking effects I have a faderfox LD2 rotary with pushable rotary encoders and also a bcr2000. So I don't actually need the x touch mini for plugins. The BCR200 and Faderfox Ld2 they work fine with ACT as act does follow content and also using the BCR2000 presets on those two they act as if they were bi directional so no jumping to values when tweaking different parameters. Turning the encoders just picks up the parameter from where it is. Also with the touch screen I touch the plugin I want and act focuses on it and I am able to tweak plugins nicely with those two devices. 

You mentioned feedback for commands is not supported but in your preset it does. Like when for example you click the loop on the button in Sonar it lights up the loop button on the Xtouch mini. If possible can we have as much commands possible with feedback like the loop button does?           

And lastly I yes we can use ON/On for the forth parameter.

Using these presets combined with the touch screen and also the BCR2000 and Faderfox Ld2 I believe will work very well for my work.

Let me know your thoughts and any recommendations or questions. :)

All the best to you!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:43:26 PM by Rollings »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »
Just want to let you know that I am half way throw the preset, will take some other days to complete (I advance when I have time).

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2018, 08:54:34 PM »
I attach the preset. Check what is working and what is not.

Not all commands are implementable, use AZC build-in display to see what should work (still long "Layer B" press to open).

20.04.18 - v3 (layout change)
30.04.18 - v2 (fix)
29.04.18 - v1 (fixes)
28.04.18 - v0
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:35:21 PM by azslow3 »

Offline Rollings

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 10:33:26 PM »
Hello,

Thank you very much for the update. Please take your time. You are already being so nice on this.

All the best to you!

Offline Rollings

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2018, 10:50:06 PM »
Oops!! Thanks!!!

I just saw you had already sent the preset. The past 2 days I experienced a 502 error when trying to access this forum. So i think it updated me confusing. Sorry!

Now thanks very very much for your time for this. This is so nice of you! Can I pay you some how?

Going to check the preset now! Excited!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:39 PM »
There was problems with web service provider... sorry.

First we should make the preset work. Since I can not test it, there can be several iterations  ;)

I am going to open donation link soon... to understand the interest of future development for CbB (current plan is Reaper only).

Note that it seems like there is a bug with feedback, it sends "too much". That should not be not a problem for Mini to deal with that, but I will try to fix it next week.