Author Topic: [MarKo] BCR2000  (Read 49516 times)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: [MarKo] BCR2000
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2019, 07:56:29 AM »
For meaningful sequence need 2 actions: "Select" what you want control (so ACT S1) and "Modify" what you have select (so "Set value, catch, etc.").

Why creating new controls can influence something else? Somewhere clashing MIDI assignments, bugs, hard to say without the preset...

Offline Bassman

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »
Hi Alexey:)

Cooperation Mode works very fine!

Attached the 2 Presets. With the new Controls (16 Sliders and 48 Rotors) WAI Display is fine but it doesn't change to the bus. Only the display, focus is on the bus and works for the sliders and rotors.

Another problem, ACT activate for Synths have never worked, only for plugins. I then have to activate ACT with a plugin and then open synths with mouse doubleclick.
Then I can only switch between synths, until I click again with the mouse on a plugin and can then switch again between them. This will be related to Cakewalk I think;)

If you have time, please look at the WAI Display for busses, if not doesn't matter, I can live with this little display error!

Thank you a lot:)
Bassman.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2020, 05:47:02 PM »
Sorry, I forgot...

1. In many ACT controls for slave you forgot "Shift:0" condition for "Direct Linear". That means when Shift is active, that will set whatever parameter was last changed (since parameter selection has Shift:0 condition). Fixed.

2. There is "Detached 91" control. Under some conditions (I could not trace which) it seems like that is possible to do by mistake. But in my experience, the mistake usually comes from my side of the chair ;) It was responsible for Bus/Track switching. Restored.

3. ACT R10 was duplicated in detached control (not affecting anything, R10 exist). Removed.

4. Synth ACT was not working by design. Modified to try open it. Note that not always works and sometimes work incorrectly (there is no direct function to find relation between current track and synth, I use a "hack" which works sometimes). We can introduce "open the first synth in case there is no FX on the track and related synth was not found" if you want.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
Hi :)
Thank you a lot for looking into the file!
Since I uploaded it, I've made a lot of changes to it regarding the new controller.  Trying to resolve the errors with my newest file tomorrow....
I'll write from Studio tomorrow morning..

Thank you🙂
Heinz.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2020, 09:52:55 AM »
Novation Launch Control Presets for the newest BCR File.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2020, 12:50:52 PM »
HI:)

Attached the newest spps

BCR2000 as Master, Launch Control as Slave

For the Launch Control I have attached and midiassigned:

Device, Mute, Solo and Record Arm  are for switching between the presets on all 4 presets. In CbB Settings/MIdi/Playback and Record/Sysx forwarding must be enabled to LaunchControl XL!

It's not possible to switch Preset + and -, so you can only switch to preset 2 f.e with a sysx Command. Perhaps Alexey can find a better way to do this.
Send Select und Track Select are 4 additional Buttons.

Preset 1: ACT Rotors 1-24, ACT Switches 1-20, ACT Sliders 1-8

Preset 2: ACT Rotors 25-48, ACT Switches 21-40, ACT Sliders 9-16

Preset 3: ACT Rotors 49-72, ACT Switches 41-60, ACT Sliders 17-24

Preset 4: ACT Rotors 73-96, ACT Switches 61-80, ACT Sliders 25-32

BCR2000:

1.Row ACT Sliders 33-40 and with Shiftlock ACT Sliders 41-49

2.Row ACT Rotors 97-104 and with Sjhiftlock ACT Rotors 121-128

3.Row ACT Rotors 105-112 and with Shiftlock ACT Rotors 129-136

4.Row ACT Rotors 113-120

1.Row Buttons 81-88 and with Shiftlock 97-104

2.Row Buttons 89-96 and with Shiftlock 105-112

This should be enough!

For Alexey:

To 1. I changed all these in my Preset

To 2. I did'nt understand first, but now I think Ch:1 CC1 is reserved for the system controls? I have reattached it, it was deleted, maybe it was me...., but now the WAI Display is working again, thanks;)

To 3. Can't find any duplicated. I have a lot of Detached ones now, some of them I can deletes some not, all is greyed out, does this matter?

To 4. Open the first Synth would be very fine, at the moment ACT doesn't work if there's no Plugin in the selected track, so sometimes I have to switch to a track or bus which contain plugins, then I have to click with the mouse in a Synth, then I can switch between the synths...

Thank you very much:)
Heinz.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:10:49 AM by Bassman »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2020, 12:17:21 PM »
For Alexey:

To 2. I did'nt understand first, but now I think Ch:1 CC1 is reserved for the system controls? I have reattached it, it was deleted, maybe it was me...., but now the WAI Display is working again, thanks;)
Yes, Ch:1 CC1 is "system". It is sent from monitoring to logic, some operations can not be done in monitoring. That is the way to do this (CC1 is some "random" message, so it should be sent and link to particular control but you can re-define it at both places in case CC1 can be sent by device)

To 3. Can't find any duplicated. I have a lot of Detached ones now, some of them I can deletes some not, all is greyed out, does this matter?
I am not sure how you "generate" these Detached. They do not influence the result, but polute the preset... I have removed them. You do this by deleting all actions in the Logic tab first, it is allowed to delete Detached control in the Hardware tab then.

To 4. Open the first Synth would be very fine, at the moment ACT doesn't work if there's no Plugin in the selected track, so sometimes I have to switch to a track or bus which contain plugins, then I have to click with the mouse in a Synth, then I can switch between the synths...
As in my previous preset, I have modified this one for more advanced logic. That includes changes in ACT control as well as new fFindFX control. Current logic is:
1) find the first FX for the strip
2) if it has no FXes, try to find related Synth
3) if related Synth is not found, focus the first synth in the rack.

That will not work "right" for audio tracks without FXes and Buses, but that was your choice :)
If too annoing, you can remove the logic of (3) from fFindFX control (it is called for both 8th and 24th).

Offline Bassman

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »
Hi😊

Thank you very much,  I'll try this out  tomorrow!

Heinz.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2020, 04:30:54 PM »
Hi Alexey:)

With Synths it doesn't work perfect, but it switches on ACT Mode and that's much better than before!

If I want a plugin I use the Audiotrack, and on the miditrack a synth opens and I can switch between, that's more than OK for me.

Before it didn't switch to ACT Mode.......

Thank you a lot;)
Heinz.

Offline Jason_ZA

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2020, 10:36:37 PM »
Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa, MarKo and AZSlow. I just purchased a Novation Launch Control XL on a crazy sale and spent the entire night trying to set it up using the SysEx files you uploaded (Launch_Control_XL_Preset 1, 2, 3 and 4), by loading them into the Novation Launch Control XL Editor and also loaded the AZ Controller Preset that AZSlow worked on (Master b10.01 2020.5az*).

I notice that the Presets for the Channel 1 SysEx mappings were not included and I think that this is how come I cannot get it to work as intended. I'm not lazy and really tried to do this myself but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. I really like the AZSlow program but only used the Controller Mappings for the first time yesterday, so I am still a newbie. I installed Ableton Lite (which comes with the Novation) but hated it and deleted it 10 mins after installing it. I am just used to the workflow of CbB and prefer the way it looks as well.

The controller looks and works great in Ableton and I would really like it if I could get it to work as near as possible to this. I can understand if it cannot be an exact match but anything near enough would be awesome.

A few screenshots of what you do to get it to work in AZSlow (together with the sysex for Channel 1 will probably sort it out the quickest.

Many thanks,

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2020, 10:06:30 AM »
This thread is about BCR2000 preset. XL files there is for very special case, when XL is used in addition to BCR just to control plug-ins.

You can start with very simple generic setup in several minutes, using "Startup preset": http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,154.0.html
Note that you will have no "Solo/Mute/Rec" out of the box with it, nor any light from the device, nor upper knobs assigned.
But you can start mix and contoll plug-ins and at least understand is the device useful or not.
Creating good preset, with labeled switches and LED feedback, is possible in AZ Controller. But that is relatively time consuming task, even for
me.

Offline Jason_ZA

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »
Thanks a lot for the prompt response, MarKo - I really appreciate it.

Surely there must be a market for people willing to pay to have their controllers set up to work like they do in Ableton - not only for Cakewalk but all other DAWS?

I for one would happily pay $20 for a near-perfect replica of the launch control setup in Cakewalk but would share my setup, if I had the knowledge (and aptitude) of doing so and created it originally for my own use, as I realise that it's a very time-consuming thing to do. It really boils down to having enough people willing to pay for it, to make it worthwhile to create, I guess.

Oh well - maybe someone with a Novation Launch Control XL will one day create a great preset and share it with the community. Till then it looks like I'll have to reinstall Ableton Live Lite :-(

If anyone has a preset that works pretty well with the Launch Control XL in its required manner, please do share.

Offline Bassman

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 10:14:27 PM »
Hi Jason🙂

What do you mean with Channel 1? Midichannel 1?

I put these Presets 1-4 to Midichannels 5-8 and let the manufactery controller numbers intact.

The BCR Preset is laid out to use a BCR2000 and a Launch Control together! If you tell me how you want to use it, perpaps I can make a preset for you.

Please PM me for not to write in this thread.

Bassman.