Author Topic: [AZ, Watercourse, BobF] PreSonus Faderport  (Read 82375 times)

Offline Peltz

Re: [AZ, Watercourse, BobF] PreSonus Faderport
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2018, 07:39:28 PM »
First of all: Thank you for your efforts, time and goodwill. People like you restores faith in humanity.

Being a Sonar user for years, it has been extremely frustration never finding controllers that really integrates well with the DAW. For some reason I didn't come by your plugin before a couple of days ago.

I'm now scratching the surface and fiddle with some of your excellent presets, that is Faderport and the phone preset.

I have one question however. I can't really get the zoom function to work out of the box. I have pressed 'Bank' and 'Loop', but the Pan rotator doesn't do anything. Is this a known bug, or something  am missing?

Btw, I'm using Sonar Platinum.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »
I have one question however. I can't really get the zoom function to work out of the box. I have pressed 'Bank' and 'Loop', but the Pan rotator doesn't do anything. Is this a known bug, or something  am missing?
From what I can see in the preset, 'Bank' is not related. While 'Loop' is pressed, turning Pan should zoom in/out horizontally.

If that does not happened, open the GUI, switch to the "Overview" tab. Select 'Loop' in the "Current Software state". When you press 'Loop', does it show '+'?
While keeping the loop pressed, turn the encoder. Without releasing loop, check "Last control actions". You should see what preset tries to do.

Offline Peltz

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2018, 09:58:48 PM »
Ahhh. I completly misunderstood the instructions. I thought it was enough to "activate" 'Loop', turning the lights on. I didn't hold the button pressed. Thank you so much for the clairification.

And now to some coding!

Right now I want to make some buttons in TouchOsc that enables me to select different tracks and opening the pianowiew. BRB in a couple of years....

Again, thank you so much for your reply and hard work!

Offline Sandbass

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Hello there

I just discovered AC Controller while I was looking for a way to use a Faderport Classic with Cakewalk by Bandlab. After some disappointments (Presonus apparently no longer providing the needed .dll to use the Faderport with Cakewalk) I ended up here.

Sadly it does not work as it should. I do get the fader and the pan knob to work, but none of the buttons actually do anything. They're also not recognized in the "Last MIDI event"-window. However there is a notification in the taskbar (I guess that comes with Sonar), that shows MIDI in/output and recognizes the pressed buttons as input.

Is this a known issue?

The Faderport is running on the latest firmare, 1.45, the PC is running Win 7 home x64.

Thanks a lot!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2018, 05:14:01 PM »
That is known issue.
In the CbB preferences, MIDI, Playback and recording, enable Key aftertouch.

Offline Sandbass

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:42 PM »
That absolutely did the trick!

Thank you very much!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2018, 05:27:43 PM »
You are welcome.

Note that there was reports there can be issues when you switch DAWs. If FP stop working after switching from/to CbB, disconnect and connect it again.
Also note that using different USB ports is looking for troubles in CbB. Try to always use the same port (for any MIDI device).

Offline staikov

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2021, 07:23:54 AM »
Hi
Is it possible to control footswitch behavior on Faderport Classic - can't find anything about it?
It works with the original Presonus driver, but there is no way to configure it.
Thank you

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2021, 07:59:50 AM »
In AZ Controller there is always some way to configure reaction on any control  ;)
But I guess you need to make it yourself, I mean define extra new control based on MIDI the footswitch sends and assign something useful.

Follow the second list from https://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,9.0.html , but instead of 10 - 14, use:
10. In "Action configuration", press "New" button
11. Under "Action configuration" change "Undefined" to "Command"
12. In the dropbox you see "<Menu>" select "Play/pause" (or something you want)

Offline staikov

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2021, 08:17:50 PM »
In AZ Controller there is always some way to configure reaction on any control  ;)
But I guess you need to make it yourself, I mean define extra new control based on MIDI the footswitch sends and assign something useful.

Follow the second list from https://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,9.0.html , but instead of 10 - 14, use:
10. In "Action configuration", press "New" button
11. Under "Action configuration" change "Undefined" to "Command"
12. In the dropbox you see "<Menu>" select "Play/pause" (or something you want)

What a beauty!!! Thank you, tons of fun for me! :-)

Offline thornlv

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2021, 02:15:57 PM »
I was just wondering if this preset can/could be compatible with the Presonus faderport 16

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2021, 03:32:25 PM »
No, original Faderport is a single strip controller.

You can use Cakewalk't original Mackie plug-in with Faderport 16: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/2290-presonus-faderport-16-anyone-using-it-in-cbb/

Offline thornlv

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2021, 08:00:18 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up. I was toying with the idea of getting the 16, but on reflection I will continue to use my existing behringer x touch with the msmcleod version of mcu and may consider the extender too. Has anyone done any work on a x touch preset (the big one, with jog wheel etc), I would of course be willing to assist in developing one, testing etc.

Again, many thanks.