Author Topic: [AZ] Mackie HUI protocol preset  (Read 53049 times)

Offline musicrazy

Re: [AZ] Mackie HUI protocol preset
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 05:47:19 PM »
Aux1 should select sonar aux1 send to v-pots and so on , bu only until aux 5 . d8b don't have aux 6 available for hui . After that i need to have pan button assigned to pan to v-pots so i can go back to it after using aux's. (pan is default to v-pots on start up). If you need some code from mcu pro i have access to one (and c4 pro too). Thanks.

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 06:09:02 PM »
channels selection working, but time is locked. it shows 001.01.000 and don´t run anymore.  .  on mackie i have  4 spaces on bar so maybe 0001.01.00 (ticks have two spaces) . If you think it will not work then return it to the values you add on previous preset.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 06:56:58 PM »
Aux1 should select sonar aux1 send to v-pots and so on , bu only until aux 5 . d8b don't have aux 6 available for hui . After that i need to have pan button assigned to pan to v-pots so i can go back to it after using aux's. (pan is default to v-pots on start up). If you need some code from mcu pro i have access to one (and c4 pro too). Thanks.
I know Sonar MCU code. How many Sends you normally have? Do you adjust them in parallel for several strips, several sends in parallel for the same strip or some mixture of that two? How often you tune pan/source/pre-post for sends? I prefer to make a layout based on particular practice, not a "hard to use generic all rounder" existing for MCU.

For text display we have a problem... I already send channel names, but since you ask that does not work. I will try to understand why.

channels selection working, but time is locked. it shows 001.01.000 and don´t run anymore.  .  on mackie i have  4 spaces on bar so maybe 0001.01.00 (ticks have two spaces) . If you think it will not work then return it to the values you add on previous preset.
I will check from home soon, but are you sure you have installed b303 build of AZCtrl?

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »
Yes i have the lastest version installed

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
With channel names there was at least one bug, which I have fixed now. The preset is updated.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »
With display is the following: original HUI has 8x 4 character strip display and 2x 40 character separate display. I try to send to 2x 40 display since
I do not see strip displays on d8b. Do you see at least something with the latest preset?

For time:
In HUI imitator I see at least some changes with b303. Please check one more time that you see "0.4 r2 b303" in the right bottom corner of AZ Ctrl window.

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 01:36:49 AM »
Have b303. Clock is displayed correctly now.text is displayed correctly on lcd (track names).I think you can send text to channel strip too because there are strips on monitor. I use several aux sends sometimes because i use several buses for parallel compression. Sometimes I adjust several sends at once but I use group sends for that so when I use one all the others in group move equally.I prefer to have sends 1 to 5 assigned. Button nr 24 save patch can be assigned to save project. I prefer to have jogger moving 1 bar. And if possible have numpad working (and enter key too). loop button can activate loop. Alt + rewind to RTZ (project start). Alt + fast forward to End.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:20:47 AM by musicrazy »

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »
Forgot to tell you that d8b works with dedicated PC with os from mackie and it have external monitor so there's some info about d8b that only shows on cpu monitor. Meters for HUI and channel strips for example.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:26:38 AM by musicrazy »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »
Ok, big update now:
* Big display always show strip names. Channel displays (4 characters) also show strip names in Pan mode, but it shows Bus (Aux) names in Aux mode. Displays are updated "slow", we can try to make it faster later, with careful check that is not disturbing stability
* Encoders processing was reworked to support Pan,Aux1-5 (level only). Rings should work in correct more too (spread/value).
* mode is switched by corresponding buttons, with LED indication
* AZCtrl should detect the device went offline and reinitialize on reconnect
* VU meters should work. HUI and Sonar support stereo (2 separate meters pro channel), but AZCtrl does not. If that is a problem, please let me know. Current scale is Sonar "Native" (Sonar has max at +6dB, while HUI has it on 0dB).
* Jogger is changed to measure

With keys I am not sure (there are so many "alts" on HUI), if does not work send me correct Last MIDI Event
* Save patch (MemLoc) - Save project
* Alt (with LED). But d8b probably has "internal alt", which produce no Last MIDI Event on itself
* Loop (with LED)
* RTZ and End (Alt+FF/Rew), in case d8b does that as I think...
* Numpad keys (as I have understood them, untested) with Enter.

Your turn  :)

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 06:37:41 PM »
Hi AZ. The only bug detected is with meters on midi track . when i insert a midi track meter lock on full peak and it stays like that always. on audio tracks it's all ok with meters. Also the peak leds on top of meter are always on even on channels with nothing playing. If you can make it stereo metering because d8b read stereo . aux's are working great with buses labeling. numpad is working ok too. loop ok. the button used for saving project is very far to reach . change it to store. button nº 44 on picture.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »
I forgot that Sonar does not provide VU for MIDI. That should be fixed (stay at 0). "Save" is on HUI "In" button now (should be 44 on d8b).

Stereo VU will take some time, not till the end of holidays.

I do not know what can force peak values stay, the documentation is probably incomplete. I will try to search in the internet, but at the moment I am pessimistic with that. Sorry.
HUI emulator I use does not show such symptoms. Can it be some local setting on d8b to setup decay time/peak stay in HUI?

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 08:14:07 PM »
I will confirm settings on d8b. Thank you very much and have a good holiday.

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 10:04:38 PM »
Hi AZ. midi tracks working normally( sonar don't transmit meters with midi tracks.) save buttons it's very well placed now. red peak lights (the last meter segment) still the same. I create a new track and light is already on when appears on screen. the meters are working ok only with that exception. d8b don´t have settings for hui meters. It's possible to control prochannel eq ? I know that at least on cubase was possible to control native eq.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:52:34 AM by musicrazy »

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 07:17:53 AM »
With peak we can try to experiment. There are 128 theoretical possible numbers to send, the documentation mention 24 which I use. I will give you the instructions next week.
We can control ProChannel EQ/Compressor, also any other VST(i).  There are several modes for that. I let you know when I am ready to continue.

Offline musicrazy

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »
Hi AZ, I've got some codes ready for you . When you are ready tell me and i'll have more codes. Hope you are having great holidays.