Author Topic: [AZ, Watercourse, BobF] PreSonus Faderport  (Read 82315 times)

Offline watercourse

Re: [AZ, Watercourse] PreSonus Faderport
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 01:18:05 AM »
I like the new feature where the Faderport follows the bus/track focus based on which pane the mouse clicks.  However, I noticed I no longer can use the 'Output' button to switch Sonar's focus from Track to Bus reliably.  Now, if Sonar is in Track focus and I use Faderport's 'Output' to switch to Bus focus, Sonar doesn't follow to Bus focus--I have to click on the Bus pane and then it switches over.  The same thing happens in reverse when switching from Bus focus back to Track using 'Output'.

If I had to choose between the current and previous behaviors, I'd choose the previous.  I still have the other preset saved so it wouldn't affect anything for me personally.  I wonder if it's possible to have both the new behavior where Faderport follows the focus set by mouse click AND also keep the previous behavior where the Faderport can switch the focus using the 'Output' button...

All that said, it's not a crisis--the thing still works great  :)

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 11:03:23 AM »
I have noticed that during tests, but for me it works after 1-3 output pushes.

The reason is Open/Close Bus pane. There is no command to "Open" or "Close" it nor any way to find out either it is closed, only "Toggle". So, in case the status is not in sync (bus pane is opened and you switch to bus), it does not work.

So, I do not see a way to follow mouse and open/close bus pane reliably...

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 12:20:18 AM »
I like the new feature where the Faderport follows the bus/track focus based on which pane the mouse clicks.  However, I noticed I no longer can use the 'Output' button to switch Sonar's focus from Track to Bus reliably.  Now, if Sonar is in Track focus and I use Faderport's 'Output' to switch to Bus focus, Sonar doesn't follow to Bus focus--I have to click on the Bus pane and then it switches over.  The same thing happens in reverse when switching from Bus focus back to Track using 'Output'.

If I had to choose between the current and previous behaviors, I'd choose the previous.  I still have the other preset saved so it wouldn't affect anything for me personally.  I wonder if it's possible to have both the new behavior where Faderport follows the focus set by mouse click AND also keep the previous behavior where the Faderport can switch the focus using the 'Output' button...

All that said, it's not a crisis--the thing still works great  :)
Thanks to Symetrk, I have understood the problem. And I have applied new solution, which in my tests always works. The change is in the test version by now, it will go into the next release.

Offline Bruceqld

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »
Hey Azslow3.

I previously had AZ control installed and running on Sonar Platinum X64 with my Faderport and it ran perfectly. I recently rewired my studio and switched some midi ports around. Upon restarting Sonar, the Faderport no longer worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AZ control and the Faderport as per Sonar and Faderport instructions, but I still can't get it to work.

I have assigned the Faderport as a midi port in Sonar. When I open the AZ controller properties page and push the buttons on the faderpoort the last midi event readout changes accordingly. Neither the fader nor the buttons, however, will control anything in Sonar.

If I remove AZ control and reinstall the original Faderport control surface it begins to work, so the hardware seems to be fine.

Just wondering if you could point me at any possible solutions? When I uninstall AZ control, is there anywhere that settings could be stored that are not removed and could be messing with the plugin even though I have done a complete uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks for your help!

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »
Have you loaded Faderport preset into AZ Controller? I mean in case you switch to the "Logic" Tab, do you see some controls/actions?
You can regenerate it in the Options tab.

In case the preset is loaded and you see "Last MIDI event" messages but you do not see associated control after it (the control name should be more or less the button name), can you write me exact message you see and which button you have pressed?

Offline Bruceqld

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »
Thanks for the response Azslow3!

I just found the solution in another one of your posts. I deleted ctrlsurface.dat and then reinstalled AZ Control. All working fine now.

Thanks again for all of your work - it is a brilliant control plugin :)

Offline bbergen

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 03:54:02 PM »
Is it possible to have the User button toggle ProChannel view, the same as clicking on ProCh in track view?

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 05:15:42 PM »
It is possible to send "Ctrl+I" which does that.

In the "Logic" tab, "Logic Control" select "(Ch:1 KP:0) User".
Press "New" button.
In the "Action conditions" select "Shift", right of it change "Any" to "-".
In the "Action configuration" change "Undefined" to "Keyboard".
Change "Next" to "I", "Ctrl" should be checked.

Before testing, click somewhere in Sonar window. Keyboard shortcuts are not working when AZ Ctrl is in focus.

Offline bbergen

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 08:31:32 PM »
Thank You!

Offline kingbee

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 03:53:34 AM »
Hi! Love your work. Would it be possible to add dual functionality to one button depending on focus?

I want the "Proj" to show the Pro-Channel in Track view when that is in focus, but the same button to show Pro-Channel on console view when that is in focus.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »
Hi! Thank you for the comment, it is good to know someone is using the project ;)

Depend action from current view is possible, there is "Context" system state. So in the Proj Logic, you can add "Context":"Track" Action condition for "Ctrl-I" action. And duplicate it with "Context":"Console" with some other key combination.

The question is in the Shortcut/Command to open ProChannel in the Console view. I am not aware of such combination and I can not find it in the documentation.

And so: if you know the shortcut than yes, it is possible (and I can make the modification for you in case you are not ready for preset editing). But if there is no such shortcut, I can not do this (may be Feature Request for Sonar?). I am limited by what Sonar allows to do.

Offline kingbee

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 02:29:25 PM »
Thanks for your prompt reply.

There is a shortcut for console view ProChannel. It is Show/Hide ProChannel in the Console "Area" of key bindings

However I will attempt it myself as I wish to learn more about programming your AZ Controller!

Thanks.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 06:08:43 PM »
Nice found!

Theoretically, there is a Command "* SHOWCONSOLE PROSTRIP" (toward the very end of the list). I can not test is for the moment.
But imitating the key combination should work (as the key combination).

Let me know if you have difficulties to program that. Do not forget that keys combinations work with Sonar in focus only, I mean you can not use "Play" for test and you can not have AZ Controller in focus during test. It also seems like tricky where the key is working depending what was last "clicked" by mouse...

Offline BobF

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:02 AM »
I got the az plug downloaded and installed, FaderPort working fine so far.  Is there a list of buttons & functions with default assignments?  Can I figure this out looking in the plug?  Any generic plugin info?

I have the FP running in Reaper with customized buttons and it is capital H Handy.  I would like to get the same setup in Sonar (Platx64).

Any "go look here" I'm pointed to will be greatly appreciated.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 09:18:45 AM »
I got the az plug downloaded and installed, FaderPort working fine so far.  Is there a list of buttons & functions with default assignments?  Can I figure this out looking in the plug?  Any generic plugin info?

I have the FP running in Reaper with customized buttons and it is capital H Handy.  I would like to get the same setup in Sonar (Platx64).

Any "go look here" I'm pointed to will be greatly appreciated.
The first post in this thread list all assignments. But you can (re)define everything.

To understand how that works in general, check my "ACT MIDI explained" post. For the list of available functionality check the Manual. For inspiration you can have a look at BCR2000 thread.

I can answer on questions like "how to do ...?" by providing simple examples.

I can also make the complete modifications for you in case you provide the list of wishes, but that will take a while. I already have HUI preset and OSC in the queue.