Author Topic: Where do I send the wine?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline DoctorCalabria

Where do I send the wine?
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »
Thank you so much Alexey!  After many prior false starts into ACT programming, I finally achieved some actual results by following your lucid tutorials.  You have a wonderful command of English and great sense of humor.  It is quite generous of you to share your skills with the Sonar community.  It will take me awhile to digest all this information, but I hope I will be able to contribute to the discussion here with feedback or suggestions. Your site here is a real hidden gem and I wish you success.  If you add a donation button, I will certainly click it;)

I have been using my iPad as a wireless controller for Sonar with rtpMIDI, and AZC seems to work seamlessly with the remotes I have tried so far.  I will be trying my BCR2000 and CM Labs surfaces next.  I wonder if there is any way to use my Mackie HUI (the original one) as a control surface with Sonar?  It is a beautifully constructed surface that sells for next to nothing these days.  I may also fool around with my Yamaha 02R and Peavy StudioMix.  By acquiring 20 year old equipment, I get to satisfy my gear fix without too much guilt;)

Keep up the great work Alexey!

Frank from NYC

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
Re: Where do I send the wine?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:53:11 PM »
Dear Frank,

Thank you for the post! That is what helps me looking forward with my project.

I have decided to open donation only in case some extra investment is needed. For example in case there is new SONAR X4 and someone wants AZC is working with it prior I decide to upgrade for reduced price, support for some specific hardware which I do not have (and I do not need myself) and such. I pay for this site to make it reliable and free from ads just because I like browsing such sites. AZC is a hobby, I do not want work with the feeling "I have to do that since someone has paid".

Any feedback is welcome. What is working, what is not. What is difficult to understand (I know that the plug-in is more like a programming IDE than a "plug and play" driver ).

I am two steps away from making AZC universal. I just have to add "Send SysEx" and make "MIDI" action send any simple MIDI codes. It should be able to work with any MIDI connected hardware then (MCU, HUI, Logic etc.), well... text sending and several other small actions are needed to make it 100% complete.

I have feeling that some VS devices use HUI based protocol, that is why there are reports like "my device works with "VS-xxx plug-in, but not with Mackie one").

Unlike "generic MIDI" devices, HUI has predefined set of controls with more or less predefined reaction. So it should be possible to make some "HUI Preset" for AZC instead of confusing "Blank" one.

I also have many other ideas how to make AZC user friendly for the initial setup. But all that takes time... So I am moving slowly (but I am mooooving)  :)

Offline Camilo Melo

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 02:03:24 AM »
I have a tascam DM24 console that has a HUI preset but the midi messages seem to duplicate . Does not work with AZslow . nevertheless I'm happy with the results with my BCR2000 . Thank you one more time. I will be happy to send the wine too.

Offline azslow3

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
I have a tascam DM24 console that has a HUI preset but the midi messages seem to duplicate . Does not work with AZslow .
DM24 has touch sense... It is not yet supported and configuration is (will be) a bit tricky. As I have already mentioned, HUI and touch will be possible soon (in development).

The project name is "AZ Controller", "AZSlow" is my nick (AZ are my real initials and I was working 10 years with "Slow Control Systems" for large experiments in High Energy Physics). "DM24 ... does not work with AZSlow" is in fact true, I do not have it  8)

AZ Controller is developed "under Wine". So I have it  ;)
("Wine" is Windows implementation under Linux).